Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
This positon provides advisory and assistance engineering support to the Experimental Demonstrations Branch of the Air Force Research Laboratory, Rocket Propulsion Division (AFRL/RQRO). Duties will include:
- Support overall development of measurement uncertainty for low-speed and high-speed data products.Measurement Uncertainty and Data Acquisition Quality (MUDAQ) Lead.
- Document and train instrumentation best practices.
- Determine best data certification standard for AFRL/RQRO to adopt. Automate the “real-time” data quality checks on the low-speed data (Pacific data- primary object) and post test data quality analysis standard for both low-speed and high-speed data.
- Lead for High Speed Frequency Cut Development. Conducts analysis of frequency cut systems approaches to include, DTX 5500, RTVMS, Engines Branch (RQRE) frequency mode correlation and customer systems. Presents JANNAF Papers on the compared results.
- Test Readiness Board (TRB) Data Quality lead for all AFRL/RQRO efforts.
Sierra Lobo, offers customers a full range of professional and technical capabilities, including Test and Evaluation, Systems Engineering, and Advanced Technologies. We also develop products and processes related to Cryogenic Fluid and Thermal Management Systems, Densified Propellant Management Systems, and Prototype Extreme Pressure and Temperature Systems. Our customers include the Department of Defense (DoD), the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
This position is located on the RTES contract at Edwards Air Force Base.
Provide aerospace systems analysis support to the Systems Analysis Group of the Air Force Research Laboratory, Rocket Propulsion Division (AFRL/RQR). Typical analysis tasks may involve aerospace propulsion, trajectory analysis and optimization, orbital mechanics, fluid dynamics and combustion.
The employee will participate in analysis of existing and future space-related systems through one or more of the following activities:
- Trajectory optimization and performance analysis of space launch vehicles and missiles.
- Re-entry / hypersonic vehicle flight dynamics.
- Development of trajectory simulations, conceptual and preliminary vehicle analysis, mission effectiveness, and weight & sizing tools and techniques.
- Promotion of multidisciplinary design optimization and the simulation of systems of systems in cooperation and support of other technical branches in the Rocket Propulsion Division (Engines, Motors, Combustion Devices, Propellants, Operations, Material Applications, Safety, etc).