The Test Facilities Operation, Maintenance and Engineering (TFOME) contract at the NASA Glenn Research Center providesengineering and technical services in the aeropropulsion and space propulsion and power test facilities. TFOMEmanagement is dedicated to excellence in service and to providing outstanding technical opportunities for our employees. We specialize in providing unique products and services to NASA Glenn. We are currently seeking candidates to join our team that will be providing facility and test engineering support as part of the TFOME contract at NASA Glenn Research in the aeronautics testing areas.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Performs a scope of work involving study, design, implementation, and/or project management of a wide variety of electrical, instrumentation, control, and data systems for facilities, test related apparatus, and specialty hardware and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Designs and develops electronic integrated circuits, controls, data and instrumentation hardware, subsystems, and systems for specialty process systems, aerospace hardware, and test rigs. Integrates pressure, temperature, cryogenic temperature sensors, flow, stress-strain, proximity and level measurement devices into process systems and test hardware.
2) Provides technical expertise for programming, setup, maintaining, and troubleshooting PC/Unix based systems, data acquisition systems, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
3) Provides technical direction to electronics technicians and electricians in the installation, checkout, calibration, troubleshooting and operation of electrical, controls, data, and instrumentation hardware and systems.
4) Develops, and updates schematics, drawings, calibration documentation, technical procedures, and quality control (ISO 9001) documentation.
5) Prepares purchase requisitions and hardware/software specifications for electronic/electrical equipment. Evaluates vendor proposals and provides technical recommendations for procurement.
6) Support large and small scale test operations including operations of control, instrumentation, and data systems.
7) Designs and maintains communication networks running over TCP/IP.
8) Provide support for training of other engineers and technicians.
9) Develops plans and requirements for upgrading and maintaining facility Data Acquisition Systems and software.
10) Provides support for special tasks involving detailed engineering analyses.
11) Develops presentations, and presents at or can be expected to be a part of design reviews, safety reviews, and other technical presentations.
12) Responsible for integration of controls and instrumentation into PLC hardware and software.
13) Responsible for design and specification of instrumentation, signal conditioning equipment, and integration with data acquisition systems.
COVID-19 Regulations: As a federal government contractor, we comply with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements. This means that our employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, or working remotely, will need to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements. These requirements may include vaccination, attestations regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative test results as a condition of your employment. Requests for an accommodation will be reviewed and assessed under applicable laws and regulations.