The Test Facilities Operation, Maintenance and Engineering (TFOME) team at the NASA Glenn Research Center providesengineering and technical services in the areas of aeropropulsion and space propulsion and power test facilities. TFOME management is dedicated to excellence in service and to providing outstanding technical opportunities for our employees. We specialize in providing unique products and services to NASA Glenn. We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer - User Experience candidate to join our team as part of the TFOME team at the NASA Glenn Research Center.
FUNCTION OF POSITION: Develop software test methodologies, techniques and user experience for validating the Collect Observe Broadcast Record and Analyze (COBRA) data acquisition system software performance against established requirements and performance metrics.
1. Develop, document and maintain standards for GUI designs. Work with key stakeholders to develop GUI mockups and workflow documentation for new feature requirements. Ensure implementation fulfills original feature requirements through testing.
2. Develop and execute software test plans that ensure consistent user experience across all parts of COBRA. Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
3. Perform and document functional verification testing and perform exploratory manual testing. Support test team during release candidate testing periods.
4. Maintains documentation of test results to established standards. Assist in debugging and modification of in-house coded COBRA data acquisition system software and provide usability guidance when needed to development.
5. Engage with development team when necessary during system design to improve testability and adherence to standards which provide a consistent user experience.
6. Knowledge sharing with designated peers.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
2. Over one (1) years of related experience.
3. Familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
4. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from engineering or supervision.
5. Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
6. Must be self-motivated and a "Team Player" with good interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.